How to upgrade your Mac is a question that you never thought would be asked by many people. However, it is because some people won’t have automatic upgrade turned on their Mac.
Upgrading your Mac to the latest macOS is vitally important. Not only the fact that you get the latest features to have fun with your Mac but you also get security updates with the latest upgrade to keep your Mac healthy. Upgrading your Mac is fairly easy to do and if you follow the steps below, this will take you through a smooth upgrade.
How to upgrade your Mac
Before you start, make sure our Mac is connected to Wi-Fi and plugged into power. It might also be a good idea to backup your Mac just incase something goes wrong. Don’t worry if you can’t backup your Mac, it isn’t vitally important just advisable. Once that is all done you can follow the steps below.
- Click the Apple logo in the upper left hand corner of the screen. then click system preferences.
- This will open a menu box where you click software update. Then click Upgrade Now.
- Click Install Now and follow the prompts. Make sure to review and Agree to any terms and conditions to the upgrade.
- You will then be asked to enter the administration password for your Mac. The download will begin and the progress bar will show you how long it will take.
- The Mac screen might go blank with just an Apple logo and the progress bar showing. The installation will take a while to upgrade depending on your Mac. Your screen might dim or the Mac might restart. Don’t worry, this is part of the process.
- Make sure to leave your Mac while the installation completes. When the installation is done, just log back into your Mac to enjoy the new features.
The upgrade of your Mac is easy to do. The process is the same for every Mac unless you are on macOS Ventura and instead of system preferences it will be system settings.
Any issues there are a lot of tutorials on the site to help you.