CleanMyMac is an application that can give your MacBook a boost of speed and energy by automatically cleaning files, deleting unused apps, and freeing up space. It’s like taking out the trash before you leave for vacation.
The blog post goes on to talk about how to properly remove CleanMyMac for your MacBook so that it won’t be slowing down your machine anymore.
What to do before uninstalling CleanMyMac?
Most users fail to remove this program because it is still working. Hence you first need to close it properly. If you don’t, you will see an error message stating that the app can’t be deleted. Just right-click on the CleanMyMac icon in the Dock and hit the Quit option to close it.
If you don’t see it in Dock, follow these methods to kill the related process:
Open Activity Monitor and enter the app’s name in the search bar. Then, choose the process, and click on the ‘X’ button. Lastly, tap on the Quit in the pop-up dialogue box.
The second method to close the process is Press Command – Option – ESC to open the Force Quit Applications window. Now choose the app and click the Force Quit button to close it.
How to Properly Uninstall CleanMyMac using an App Cleaner?
You can remove CleanMyMac using an app cleaner and manually as per your preferences. But here, first, we will discuss how to remove it via the PowerMyMac app. However, you can use any of your favourite third-party cleaners.
PowerMyMac is a simple-to-use app that has various purposes, such as removing apps, optimizing your Mac’s performance, and more.
To remove the CleanMyMac software using the PowerMyMac app, follow these steps:
- First, open PowerMyMac app on your MacBook. Now, you will see many features on the app’s dashboard.
- Look for the Uninstaller icon and click on it.
- Now click on the Scan button, and you will see installed apps in your MacBook after scanning.
- Look for the CleanMyMac icon from the available apps, or you can search for it by entering its name in the search bar.
- Now click on the CleanMyMac. After that, you will see a list of files related to the app on your app. Here you can choose the files and folders that you want to remove from your machine.
- If you want to uninstall the CleanMyMac select all files completely.
- After selecting the files, click on the Clean button, and all selected files will be removed from your PC.
The process ends here without any trouble, and you have successfully and properly uninstalled CleanMyMac for your MacBook.
How to Remove CleanMyMac For Your MacBook Manually?
Removing CleanMyMac from a Mac machine is simple. Just follow the below-mentioned steps and properly remove CleanMyMac manually for your Mac:
- First, shut down the app and related processes working in the background.
- Now move CleanMyMac to Trash. Depending on your Mac’s settings, you might have to enter your administrator username and password to confirm your activity.
- Just open the Finder, then the Application folder. Now look for the CleanMyMac app and click on the “Move to Trash” or use the Delete command.
- Another way to delete CleanMyMac is through the Launchpad. First, open the Launchpad, then drag and drop the CleanMyMac app to the recycle bin to remove it from your Mac.
- Then go to the Library Folder and delete all of its related folders and files.
- Empty the Trash to delete the CleanMyMac’s file permanently from your MacBook.
In the end, ensure that you have removed all the below-mentioned files and folders related to CleanMyMac app from your MacBook. If any of these remains on your PC, it means the program is not removed correctly.
- ~/Library/Application Support/
In the End:
There can be several reasons to remove CleanMyMac app from your MacBook. In many cases, users delete it due to corrupted files and conflicts with other software in your Mac. No matter what the reason is for you, above, we have mentioned the best ways to properly remove CleanMyMac from your MacBook without any of its remnants behind.
Also Read: No FaceID on the New MacBook Pro