While the iPhone is an amazing device, it offers a lot of options for backing up your files and photos. You can also put them on iCloud or iTunes or transfer your photos from an iPhone to Mac; there are a few different ways you can do this, which we will discuss below.
The easiest way to transfer files and photos iPhone to Mac is via Airdrop. However, both devices should be within the range of 30 feet. Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both devices and follow this process to transfer your photos to Mac from your iPhone:
- Go to the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Select the images you want to move to your computer and click on the Share icon.
- Now, select AirDrop from the Share menu.
- Select your PC’s name.
- You will receive a successful transfer message.
The Photos app is available on your iPhone and Mac, and it’s the quickest way to send photos and files to your Mac from your iPhone. Here is the process:
- First, you need to connect your iPhone with your Mac via a USB cable.
- Then open the Photos app.
- Now you will see an import screen on your Mac in the Photos app containing all the images of your iPhone. Select your iPhone’s name from the sidebar in the Photos sidebar if the Import screen doesn’t appear.
- Here you might receive a Trust This Computer Click on the Trust button to proceed.
- Lastly, click on the Import to move specific photos, and you can also Import All Photos to your mac.
You can detect and delete duplicate files on your Mac
Use the Files App
The Files app acts as a file manager for your phone. The feature allows you to connect to various cloud services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive. And you can use them to move your files and images between devices.
Here you will be using a cloud service as a bridge to move your images. Thus, you need to connect with them first.
- Open the Files app on your iPhone.
- Now click on the Browse tab.
- Then click on the small ellipsis icon located on the screen’s upper right corner.
- Now hit the Edit option.
- In the locations tab, enable the third-party services or apps from the given list.
- Lastly, tap Done.
- To receive photos from your phone to your system, use the Locations on the Files app.
Transfer Files and Photos via the Files App
- First, choose the images that you wish to move from your iPhone.
- Click on the Share icon to share the images.
- Now select the cloud service and the destination folder where you want to save your images.
- Then click on the Save.
- Now head to your Mac, and you can see the photos or files in your iCloud Drive.
Use iCloud Photos
Through iCloud Photos, you can synchronize and view all your photos on all of your Apple devices. However, you have to face the limit of 5GB in the free iCloud account. But it’s simple to transfer photos and files from the iPhone to the Mac through iCloud. Here is how to do it:
- First, go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Then tap on Photos.
- Enable the iCloud Photos if it’s disabled.
- Now go to the Photos app on your Mac.
- Select Photos on your Mac.
- Now navigate to Photos and then select Preferences from the main menu.
- Now click on the iCloud option.
- Please tick the checkbox on iCloud Photos to activate it.
Now you can move the files and images from your phone to your mac.
Use Image Capture on Your Mac
The Image Capture app available on macOS is another simple way to import pictures and videos from cameras and scanners. You can also use it to transfer files and photos from iPhone to the Mac.
- First, connect your iPhone to the Mac via a cable and give the necessary permission when prompted.
- Now open the Image Capture app on your PC, and choose the device from the Devices or Shared list.
- Now, pick the images or files you want to transfer from your phone to the Mac.
- Then, open the Import To option from the pop-up menu and select the destination folder where you want to save the files and images.
- To move images, select the Other option and then Photos.
Also Read: How to boot your Mac in Recovery Mode