Among Us is still a very popular game with a large number of people downloading and playing the game. The stats show that in November 2020, Among Us was downloaded 350 million times and 50 million daily active players were recorded in October 2020. Android and iOS users make up the majority of active users. Among Us is still not compatible with macOS but Mac users can still enjoy the game. In this article, we will show you the steps on how to play Among Us on Mac.
There are 2 options available to you and they are fairly easy to set up and begin playing Among Us.
Play Among Us on Mac with Android Emulators
This option is easy for you to play Among Us on your Mac as the game is available on Android. There are a number of Android Emulators available however Bluestacks is recommended as an easy choice. Bluestacks supports mouse, gamepad and keyboard. Using an emulator you can play among us on your Mac for free.
- Download Bluestacks and install it on your Mac. Your Mac security may ask you to ‘allow third-party’ apps so the software can run.
- Run the Bluestacks software and follow the initial setup.
- Go ahead and search for Among Us in the Play store and download it for free.
- Once Among us is downloaded, you can click the icon on the emulator screen to start playing.
Play Among Us using Bootcamp
Bootcamp allows you to install Windows on your Mac so you can run incompatible software and games such as Among Us. This option is also relatively easy but is longer than using an emulator.
- Download the ISO file of Windows 10 through the Microsoft page 64-bit is recommended.
- Get a USB flash drive with a least 5GB of free storage available. Connect the USB to your Mac and make sure to disconnect all other external storage.
- Launch “Boot Camp Assistant” on your Mac.
- Go ahead and select “Download the latest Windows support software for Apple” >“Install Windows.”
- Find the ISO file you downloaded then select the USB drive from the list that should appear after selecting the file.
- Click Install, you need to repartition the hard drive and boot into the Windows installer
- After this just follow the instructions on your screen.
- Once the Windows setup is completed, Windows 10 will run. Complete the initial setups and you are ready to go.
You will then be able to play Among Us through STEAM.
Now you know how to play Among Us on Mac.
Also read: Is the MacBook Great For Gaming?